Recruiting Night - Information Session
Interested in the Air Cadet Programme? We are happy to invite new cadets and their parents to come to our Recruiting Night -Information Session. Bring a friend and their parents, too! Here are the details:
Youth who are at least 12 years old and under 19 years old and their parents;
Level 5 cadets.
Date: Thursday, 14 September 2023
Time: 1900-2100 hrs (7 to 9 PM)
Location: 5 Brouillette Blvd, Nepean, ON K2K 2W6
Guests: Appropriate civilian attire;
Level 5 cadets: C5, Field Training Uniform (FTU) or appropriate civilian attire, if a uniform exchange is required with Supply.
Pre-registration: Please preregister and enter 706 OTTAWA SNOWY OWL, ROYAL CANADIAN AIR CADET SQUADRON using this link
Aéro Gatineau Air Show
1. Date: Sat, 16 Sep 23
2. Time: 0830 to 1630 hrs
3. OPI: CI Bimm
4. Destination: Gatineau Airport
5. Transportation: Bus from 7 Bisley Blvd, Nepean, ON K2K 2W6 (Connaught Range)
6. Dress: C3F (Blue Dress Pants with Element or Squadron T-Shirt)
7. Meals: Cadets are to bring their own meals.
8. Sign-Up: https://forms.office.com/r/h98p1ZkQ8z
1. Date: Sat, 16 Sep 23
2. Time: 1230 to 1630 hrs
3. Location: Connaught Abseil tower. Cadets will meet at the parking lot next to Range Control (22 Lee Enfield Rd, Nepean, ON)
a. C5 (FTU, green uniform)
b. Recommended to bring a buff, to wear under the safety helmet.
c. Long, loose hair to be tied up to be able to wear a helmet.
5. Meals: Bring snacks and water.
6. Sign-Up: https://forms.office.com/r/4ywivR2FT9
Welcome back, 706! This will be the start of the training year for all returning cadets!
1. Participants: All cadets
2. Date: Thursday, 21 September 2023
3. Time: 1830-2115 hrs
4. Location: Connaught CTC, 5 Brouillette Blvd, Nepean, ON K2K 2W6
a. Uniform: C5, Field Training Uniform (FTU) or appropriate civilian attire;
b. Footwear: If you don’t have the FTU boots, cadets can wear an alternate pair of black shoes or boots.
Treetop Trekking and Cave Exploration
This is a great opportunity to work together as a team and meet/reconnect with other 706 cadets.
1. Date: Sun, 24 Sep 23
2. Time: 0745 to 1600 hrs
3. Destination: Arbraska Laflèche
4. Transportation: Bus from 1 Brouillette Blvd, Nepean, ON K2K 2W6
5. Dress: C5 (FTU, green uniform)
6. Meals: Bring your own lunch.
7. Sign-Up: https://forms.office.com/r/QZ6ufjQQMV
Notices and Reminders
Air Cadet League of Canada - Scholarships
The Air Cadet League of Canada and its donors invite cadets to apply for 2023 post scholarship awards for flight training. Two scholarships are available:
Continuation Flight Training Awards (CFTA); and
Flight Training Achievement Awards (FTAA)
Click here for information and to apply. Deadline to apply: 30 Sep 23
NEW! Returning Cadets, check your Cadet365 accounts! You will find a calendar in the Teams General Channel.
1. Cadet365: Cadet365 is a collaborative platform for Cadets and Adult Staff across Canada. The suite provides access to familiar products like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Planner, OneNote and OneDrive.
2. Intro Course: Cadets must complete the introductory course regarding the use of Cadet 365 once they activate their account.
3. Get help: Returning cadets should contact Administration Officer Civilian Instructor Ed Moy if they are experiencing issues.
4. Newly Registered Cadets: They will automatically receive their account information at the email address on file once they are created.
1. 14 September: New cadets will be measured. It may take 6-8 weeks to be issues a uniform.
2. 21 September: Appointments will resume. Fill out the Supply Order Form.
3. Appointments: To request an appointment, fill out the Uniform Measurement and Request Form.
Back by popular demand, the canteen will be available beginning 21 September. Bring your spare change, purchase a snack and support 706. Your snack cravings go directly support cadet activities.
Parents and guardians, we need your help. Write to the Squadron Sponsoring Committee Chair, Mrs. Abed, to find out how you can help!
All drivers are reminded of posted speed limits on Connaught: 50 km/h on Malibar Blvd, 30 km/h in all other areas. Speed limits are strictly enforced by Military Police.